Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 5

I am so tired. Tired of all of this. Tired of sleeping on an air mattress. Tired of eating out. Last night I just cried because I was so tired. Each day God gives me the strength to do what I need to do.

But the end, it's in sight. Ben started eating yesterday and he's pushing through the pain to get up and walk. He's ready to leave too. The doctor thinks he can go home maybe on Tuesday.

I don't think I posted the details of what happened. Ben's appendix had ruptured and created a grapefruit sized infection in his body. Because of that they had to remove his appendix, part of his colon and part of his small intestine. Major emergency surgery. They made an 8 inch incision. A couple more days without this surgery and Ben could have died. God is good.

He's doing as expected which is good. Please pray that he will be able rest and heal. Please pray that I will also get some rest. I plan on staying until Ben is discharged.

Any suggestions on the best way to postpone travel arrangements? There's a good chance we'll have to postpone our trip to Hawaii until August...

No comments: