Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Never a dull moment....

Just when I thought I had run out of things to blog about, last night happened. Ben and I were sitting eating dinner and here's how things went down:

Me: ummm... my eye kind of burns. I think I got something in it.

Ben: I have some saline drops if you think that might help.

(I get up and put 2 drops in my eye. I also put 17 drops on my face trying to make it in my eye.)

Me: OW! IT BURNS MORE!

Ben: What burns more?

Me: MY WHOLE EYE BURNS. BEFORE IT WAS JUST THE EDGE OF MY EYE AND NOW MY WHOLE EYE BURNS. AHHHHH!

Ben: They are just saline drops they shouldn't burn.

Me: THEY ARE SALINE DROPS OF FIRE! IT BURNS!!! AHHHHHH! I'M GOING TO FLUSH IT WITH WATER.

Ben: They've never burned my eyes before.

Me: WELL THEY ARE BURNING MINE. AHHHHH! IT'S SPREADING!

Ben: What do you mean it's spreading?

Me: AHHHHH! FIRST IT WAS THE CORNER OF MY EYE AND THEN IT WAS THE WHOLE EYE AND NOW HALF OF MY FACE IS ON FIRE.

Ben: That's weird. I wonder what it is.

Me: I HOPE I DON'T GO BLIND.....OH IT HURTS!!!

Ben.... do you want a wet wash cloth?

Me: HEY! Go try the peppers in the salad. Tell me what they taste like?

Ben: Whoa! Those are spicy!

Me: Crap! I got pepper juice in my eye. I thought that was a green pepper.

For the next 20 minutes I alternated between rationally discussing things to my face bursting into flames. There was nothing that I could Google that offered any help. Lots of places said not to get the juice in your eye, but not what to do if you did.

And in complete fairness our CSA box always claimed to include spicy peppers, but they were always sweet, so I'd just lump them all together. What a day to be wrong!

No comments: