Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Politics - The new Survivor

While we were hanging out with some friends this weekend, Matt put a finger on why I am so intrigued by this year's presidential race. It's like a T.V. drama. Each day it just keeps getting better. I have to tune in every day just to find out what happened.

When I thought McCain couldn't win, he picked Palin as his running mate and things got more interesting. When I had thought someone had said the dumbest thing ever, they let the vice presidential candidates talk. When I thought that there couldn't be anything left for the candidates to talk about, our financial system tanked and Obama and McCain rushed in to rescue us (which last time I checked they weren't actually economists or on any finance committee). This is like the best reality show EVER. And I get to help vote someone off. You can't ask for better entertainment.

I cannot wait for the VP debate. It's going to be hilarious. Biden says whatever pops into his head and Palin doesn't seem like she is ever really sure what to say. This will be a great debate. I have no idea who to vote for, but I am certainly being entertained while I figure it out.

Favorite quotes from a V.P. candidate:

Biden on the 1929 market crash:
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'look, here's what happened."
(Roosevelt wasn't president then and television wasn't invented until later)

Palin when asked what magazines or newspapers she reads:
"Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

I love this country.

No comments: