Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Corn Maze

A couple weeks ago Ben and I and some friends went to a corn maze. If you've never experienced a corn maze, I am guessing it's for one of two reasons:

1. You don't live where they grow corn. To you I say - I am sorry your life sucks so bad. Sure, you may live in the mountains or by the ocean or in a desert, but it can't be that great because you don't have any corn and without corn, you don't have corn mazes. This is why I think Ohio is a great place to live. It's cheap, it has corn mazes, and it's not Indiana. I mean, I guess Indiana isn't soo bad, but all they have is corn and basketball and smelly Gary, Indiana. Sure, Ohio rivers may catch on fire now and then, but that's minor to all the great things about it - like corn mazes.

2. You just have never gone. To you I say - What are you waiting for? Fun awaits you! Well not right now, they are all closed now. But next fall - fun awaits you!

This is a picture of Ben and Chris sliding through the mud in the corn maze. If you are going to a corn maze, make sure that you go right after 2 days of rain. Corn mazes are only fun if they are super muddy. How muddy you get directly correlates to the quality of flashlight you have. These pictures explain how this works:

Nick and Beth got pretty muddy because their flashlight wasn't so hot. Which you can see by the lack of flash light beam on their face.


I stayed pretty clean (see how clean I look?) because my flashlight rocked, but Ben got muddy because I kept running off with the rockin' flashlight.

Chris and Casey got really muddy because Chris wouldn't let Casey use the flashlight since they "had to conserve the batteries", which is probably why she is trying to throw him to the corn.

In this maze you had to find mailboxes that had pieces of the map. Once you had all the map pieces, you could find your way out. It really was a lot of fun. Except for that time when Nick and Beth found some map pieces on the ground and tried to cheat. Ben, Chris and I took care of it though and wadded up the ill-gotten map pieces and threw them in the corn.

We eventually found all the pieces and made it out of the maze. At the end we split up to see who could find the last mailbox and the way out the fastest. Ben and I won!

No comments: