Monday, January 07, 2008

12 days until we move....

I've been trying for a while now, and the funny post is just not coming. My head is stuffed full of to do lists. While sleeping, relaxing and talking people my head is running through things like this:

1. Get electric at new place turned on

2. Find a job

3. Make dinner

4. Buy bubble wrap for packing

5. FIND A JOB

6. Hang out with people before we leave

7. Take home boxes

8. FIND A JOB ALREADY!

9. Get tarp to paint

10. Price out high speed internet. Must not live a day without it!

11. Sign up for COBRA

12. SERIOUSLY, STOP BUMMING AROUND AND GET A JOB THAT PROVIDES HEALTH COVERAGE.

13. Transfer title of car.

14. Give up on the job and live in a van down by the river.

In case you couldn't tell, I still don't have a job. I almost had one, but things didn't work out. I have a couple of prospects that I am excited about… so hopefully something will work out. I am sure that they will it's just going to take time.

My mind is so stuck in moving mode that I can't carry on a conversation. Take for example the other day when I friend asked me what I had been up to and I replied with "good".

I think I am so busy with moving stuff because I have never moved out of the state. I've moved once in my life before - from my parent's house to my current apartment. So I don't really know how all this works. Ben's attitude about the whole thing is very much laissez-faire, which is cool and all since the last time he moved out of state was to a dorm. One where they make sure everything is done for you. They have the electric and the phone all set-up and they EVEN COOK YOUR FOOD for you. So I think it's a little different.

We haven't been getting mail for the last 4 days because the helpful United States Post Office has been forwarded our mail to Kentucky already. So part of my day was spent clearing that all up. Sigh. That's what I get for planning ahead. Next time I'll just do it at the last minute.\

My mind was mush by the time I got home, but tonight it was warm and I got to take the Miata out for a spin. I have never driven a car that was more fun to drive. I love the car. It was a great end to a long day.

No comments: