Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cats and Amberly

My friend, Amberly, house-sat for me while I was in Florida. While I was there I got a voicemail from her that said something to the effect of "call me back - something's up with your cats".

As I was calling Amberly back I was going through in my head the directions to the vet's office and where my credit card was. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hey, Amberly, what's up?"

Amberly: "Ummm.... so I was going to take a bath and I ran the water, but I had to go get a towel. When I came back your cat, Barnum, was sitting on the edge of the bathtub."

Me: "Ok."

Amberly: "I yelled BARNUM! and he fell in and got soaked. So I chased him around the apartment with towels to dry him off."

Me: "So he just got wet? He's ok besides that?"

Amberly: "Well, I was afraid that he would get cold, catch pneumonia and die. So I blow dried him."

Me: (Laughing hysterically) "You blow dried him?"

Amberly: "Yes. I didn't want him to get cold. But I do have lots of little scratches all over my legs now from holding him down."

Me: (Crying because I am laughing too hard) "So he's ok?"

Amberly: "Well he's huge! (this is my long haired cat) It looks like he's been electrocuted. And he hasn't come out from under the bed."

Me: (Falling over from laughing) "So he's just hiding under the bed?"

Amberly: "Yes. The other cat keeps licking him. I think he feels sorry for him."

Me: "You are doing a great job Amberly."

No comments: