Sunday, January 15, 2006

Skiing

Yesterday I went skiing and boy am I sore today. Although my worst injury is a huge bruise on my knee. The trip was a lot of fun even if we didn't have real snow. I got to meet a lot of new people - it was great. I would be ok if my church did more events like that in the future. (hint hint) Here are some of the highlights of the trip.

There was one guy, Dan, who went. He was a little crazy. He eventually split off from our group because we weren't doing any jumps. (The group I was in was definitely more interested in meeting people than skiing, so it was nice and relaxing.) The next time we saw Dan he was walking into the lodge with cuts all over his face. He had landed a jump face first and busted up his goggles and face. He thought it was wicked awesome. I thought he was crazy and stuck to the intermediate slopes.

I hung out with two girls named Andrea and Shelley. Dan talked Shelley into going down the double black diamond where she flipped a couple times and broke her boot. She was fine.

We convinced Abs to do just one more run with us. The slope wasn't too hard, but at this point the snow had started to refreeze and it had turned into a sheet of ice. I was scared going down. It took Abs half an hour to fall down and eventually take off his skies and walk down. I felt really bad for talking him into going.

All in all it was a great time. I didn't kill anyone and I met new people. I think the trip was a success.

No comments: