Sunday, July 09, 2006

Takin' Candy from a Baby

Friday night Ben and I went downtown and Ben almost got robbed.

By a two year old.

We went downtown for a baseball game and I brought a box of Sprees. It was when I took the box out of my purse that the trouble started. As soon as I opened the box, a little girl came running down the hill and started to climb over our legs. I wasn't sure what she was doing so I put the candy back in my purse and started to pick her up.

"You made a friend," Ben commented.

At that moment the sneaky, cute little girl reached her hand into my purse and grabbed my candy! WHAT IN THE WORLD! I took the candy from her and closed my purse back up. The little girl's mom yelled at her to come back and she eventually left us alone.

A couple minutes later Ben got some candy for himself and the girl came running back down to us, climbed right in Ben's lap and reached for the candy. Not one to be out done by a two year old, Ben closed his fist. This angered the little candy hunting demon child and she tried to pry it out of his hand. Finally Ben put the candy in his pocket and held up his empty hand and said "There's no more!"

With a scowl on her face the little girl stared at Ben and emphatically said, "BUT I WANTED THAT!".

With relief the mom came to get her little sugar tooth before she could pull a switchblade on us!

You never can be too sure of the people downtown.

No comments: