Tuesday, September 02, 2008

That's snot my job.

Now I am sick. Obviously I know what my body thinks about camping in the rain. I won't tell you what I think about my body right now because we are fighting. Fighting with snot and tissues. I think I am losing.

Also, nothing says welcome back to work like cold chills, achy joints and 471 unread e-mails. Yep. I had 471 unread e-mails when I logged on today. When I left I had 38. That's a lot of e-mails to read and file. Which made me want to go back home dive under the covers and watch movies until I felt better. Instead I bought myself a sprite and popped some DayQuill. (Mom read: I drank some wheat grass juice and took some vitamin C tablets.) Needless to say today was less than stellar. Hurray that this is only a 4 day work week.

Anyway, back to the vacation stories. Ben and I have this theory that people when they are on vacation think that they are invincible. Which is why they stop in the middle of the road to stare at rainbows, swim in unknown waters and get really close to large dangerous animals. Nothing bad can happen to them! They are on vacation! The stupid thing that we saw someone do on our trip (besides go running towards a bear) was climb over the railing and walk out on to a rock cliff at the top of lookout mountain. Like a cliff that dropped several hundred feet. He walked out onto the ledge to take a picture of a bronze statue of an eagle. The statue was about 5 feet from the railing and I am sure that his zoom lens would have given him the same shot, but nope, he had to risk his life instead. But he didn't fall because he was on vacation! We tried to get a picture of this stupidity in action but our memory card was full and I couldn't decide which picture of us to delete the fastest. Also I needed to go pee. Oh the people you see when you travel....

No comments: