Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Laugh the Best Medicine

My Mamaw may be one of the funniest people I know. I think it's because her humor normally catches people off-guard. Unlike my Uncle's humor which is just strange (how can you tell a difference between an oral or rectal thermometer? The taste.) Mamaw's humor catches you off-guard because you don't expect her comments to be coming from an 80-some year old woman.

Right now she's in the hospital and as we were leaving one day my Dad said "Well you just rest tonight. Don't go running up and down the halls. Wouldn't want you to trip down the staircases." To which my Mamaw replied with, "Oh..... I'd just roll." A few days ago the nurse was checking her blood pressure and such and my Mamaw asked "So, do you think I'm pregnant?"

She's a funny lady.

No comments: