Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lessons from Laundry

So I realize that my last post made my apartment complex sound completely trashy and collegish. It's not. It actually is really nice, which is why the dog poop and the beer bottle frustrate me.

So God took me out yesterday. I had been whining about not having a washer and dryer. I have them now, but before, oh my goodness, my life was hard. I had to carry my laundry downstairs. Yes. Down a flight of stairs to the laundry room. Then I had to pay $1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry. Outrageous! But now I don't have to! I can do my laundry in my own apartment.

Yesterday I was talking to a lady who lives downtown. She has to walk. Yes walk. 1.5 miles (one way) to the nearest laundromat. She doesn't drive so if it's snowing, she walks. If it's raining, she walks. If it's cold, she walks. And she's 60 years old with bad knees and a bad back.

Oh.

I'm a brat.

No comments: