Thursday, October 19, 2006

Words aren't sufficient

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I wasn't sure what to write about. I wanted to post something about what been going on with the whole cancer thing but I didn't know how to say it.

God has blessed my family in so many ways. Time after time He has taken care of us. Sometimes I look around at all the good gifts He has given us, a loving family, education, housing, all of our needs are met and more, and I have to wonder if He made a mistake. We've been blessed so much. There are so many people who live much harder lives and it's humbling to see Him provide for me, a sinner.

On Tuesday, God blessed us even more. My mom got her blood results back and everything was normal. NORMAL! They showed no cancer activity. Normal! This is the work of a loving God. The Doctor didn't expect this at all! Our family had been praying for wisdom about mom continuing chemo and she felt like she needed to wait on the next treatment and have another test done to see where the cancer is now and the results came back NORMAL. Now, this doesn't mean that the cancer is gone, but this is a HUGE step. They cancelled chemo treatments and are just monitoring it right now. Praise the LORD! He is so good.

No comments: