Friday, December 28, 2007

I made merry, did you?

Everyone, let's just take one big breath now. Ready? Breath in. Let it out slowly… Do you feel more relaxed? I do.


The whirlwind that is my life is still going strong. This weekend was packed so ridiculously full that I am still tired.

On Saturday we had the big ol' Christmas get together for my dad's side of the family. Ben and I showed up and hour and half late because I can't read. Every year since I was like 2, all of our dinners started at 1 pm. This year Christmas started at 11 am. I got a postcard stating that, but I threw it out without reading it because "it's the same as last year." And even though it was my fault we were late, I still accused Ben of not speeding because he didn't want to spend time with my family. I am just a joy to be married to.

Sunday was my family's Christmas celebration. Ben wouldn't let me throw out the 5 empty wrapping paper tubes because "those are way too much fun, we'll take them to your parents." So we took them and Ben put them in everyone's stocking with "love, Ben" written on them. And sure enough, we had tons of fun beating each other.

Monday we drove North to spend time with Ben's Dad's side of the family. We crammed 11 people into his grandparents house. Ben and I got to share a full-sized bed which is not at all like a queen. At one point I woke Ben up and threatened that if he took the covers one more time he would be sleeping on the cold floor. On Christmas day we played a rousing game of Taboo where one clue was "ladies undergarments. Cheese." Yes. The word was G-String. No. The guys did not guess that one.

I hope you had wonderful Christmas with lots of snoring relatives, inappropriate word games, fun presents and too much food.

P.S. We move in 22 days! AHHHH!

No comments: