Saturday, February 02, 2008

An update...

I've been dying.

I have the head cold of doom. I haven't had a virus this bad in a while. It's been a week now and I still have no energy. I've gone to work (because you can't really call in sick during your first week...) and the come home and laid on the couch. That's pretty much all I've done.

In better news, Ben got a part-time job working at the post office at his school. That's nice. They are super flexible with his classes and he doesn't have to work the weekends. Woo Hoo!

It still hasn't sunk it that I live in Kentucky. I sometimes forget how to get home. I don't really feel like I fit in here either. The culture is very similar but also so very different. I've come to realize how prejudice I am. I want people to eat what I eat, talk how I talk and value what I value. This week I have realized that if what you do isn't familiar to me, it must be wrong. I hate that I think like that. I hate that my preferences over things that DO NOT MATTER cause me to dismiss or appreciate people. It's been good to see this giant flaw in my life, and disappointing as well. I thought I was more loving than that.

I guess now is a great time to work toward loving more people.

No comments: