Saturday, May 03, 2008

A letter to our electric company

Dear Kentucky Utilities,

This letter is to inform you that your internet bill pay system, “BillerExpress”, is neither quick or efficient. I would suggest renaming it something along the lines of “WasteOfTime” or “WebsiteOfFrustration”.

Today, my husband and I tried to pay our bill on-line. We spent quite a bit of time trying to guess what form of our account number the web-site needed to register us. As you know, the account number listed on our bill is 2##### -1111. BillerExpress would not take this number no matter how many times we entered it. We even called the customer service line only to be told that that was the correct number and we must not have been entering it properly. Finally, by sheer luck, we tried 2#####111 and it worked! I would like to point out that this is two characters off from our actual account number, but obviously we should have known to drop a one and the dash!

We then, by mistake, felt like we had mastered BillerExpress and could pay our bill on time. Silly us. When we went to pay our bill the only option we had was to “Search and Pay My Bills”. Here’s a question for you: Why must I search for my bill when I am CLEARLY logged in as Andrea? Also, why when I am logged in as Andrea and search for Andrea does it say, “No records found?” I’ve provided a print screen of this result for your information.

We tried searching by our account number as well and got the SAME RESULT.

I would like to suggest to you that there may be a problem with your on-line bill pay system. It is frustrating and illogical. If you are paying Transactis Inc to manage this system for you, I would fire them.

Enclosed is our payment. We look forward to a NEW on-line billing system for Kentucky Utilities.

Your Unhappy Customer,

Andrea

No comments: