Thursday, December 15, 2005

Uncleaning

Not only can I not cook or bake, but apparently I can't clean either.

Yesterday I had invited my friend Emily over for dinner. I had neglected to clean in the last couple of days and my apartment was filthy. I quickly put things away and began to vacuum.

Right when I put my face down near the vacuum cleaner to pull out the hose, the stupid bag exploded. Dust and cat hair blew all over me, the carpet and my apartment. Appropriately, I screamed and ran to unplug the vacuum.

My apartment was just FILLED with dust. And Emily was coming over in 1/2 hour.

I got most of it cleaned up, but my apartment still is pretty dusty.

It's a good thing I wasn't born during a time when a women's worth was measured by the house she keeps, because I would surely be kicked to the curb by society.

I can't believe that I have a college degree that says I know stuff about running a business, but can't even vacuum the carpet. (or cook stir-fry. or bake a cake.)

One thing is for sure: I won't forget to check the vacuum bag again!

No comments: