Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pinching those copper coins

This weekend I did two things to try and save us money.

The first thing that I did was to switch the toilet paper. We had been buying gold plated TP, and I figured that if we were really serious about cutting costs we had to downgrade - our tushes could handle it. We aren't really roughing it yet (pun intended). The money that we are saving is for vacation not to buy food or anything. And while it may only be a camping vacation, my work is going to pay me to NOT work. Life is hard.

The second thing I did was cut Ben's hair. Myself. With scissors and a comb. I'm not so sure it was a good idea. The front looks pretty good but that back looks like I took a weed wacker to it. Ben can't see it so he thinks that it looks fine. But I can see it and I KNOW! We were at lunch today and I kept staring at his hair thinking, "What have I done?" I'm not sure how to fix it. We may go buy clippers and try and even it up that way, but that costs money and that's counter productive.....

1 comment:

Military Challenge Coins said...

You did good i appreciate your steps.