Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seriously. I mean it!

After I wrote the post about the reusable bags, my good friend Chris called to tell me that yes, I am a hippy. Thanks Chris!

This weekend was my first shopping trip sans plastic bags. I folded my little reusable bag up, stuck it in my purse and headed to the mall. I really wasn't sure what to expect and I was a little nervous. I can talk a big game about breaking social norms, but when it comes time to back them up, I worry about how awkward it's going to be.

The only store that I bought something in was New York & Company. I bought a dress shirt on clearance. I took my purchase up to the counter and when she went to bag my shirt I pulled out my bag and asked her to please put it in that instead. She read the sassy little comment on the bag, "Paper or plastic? Neither." and asked if I just brought these bags in when I shop. I told her I did because I hate plastic bags. She gave me my receipt and that was the end of it. It was pretty anti-climactic, which is good and how it should have been. My hippy crusade can continue.

This weekend Ben was in the wedding of his old roommate. I like going to weddings and seeing how other brides pull theirs together. This had to be the biggest wedding I've been too. There were 14 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen. There were 33 people involved in the wedding ceremony! I don't even think that I have that many friends!

Here are some pictures:



Here we are waiting for the exit of the bride and groom. Ben's tux smelled like butt.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: