Monday, August 27, 2007

Jet Lag

It's 2:00 am and I can't sleep. It's 9:00 pm in Hawaii so I should be at least a little sleepy but I have been up for the last 2 hours. Today's 8 am meeting at work is going to suck.

We went snorkeling while we were in Hawaii. That was one thing that Ben and I both wanted to do on our honeymoon. We went about 5 times.


I was surprised at how easy it was to snorkel. I am not a very confident swimmer but I had no problems. Plus, I looked so hot in the snorkel gear, I just had to keep up appearances.


Ben and I were very cautious snorkelers. We don't really know the ocean that well and we didn't think drowning on our honeymoon would make for a happy story. So we stuck close to shore and swam in short burst. We still saw some crazy cool fish, a sea turtle and a reef shark. Well Ben saw the shark. He didn't tell me about it until we got out of the water because of how I reacted when I saw the turtle. I got so excited about it and was so worried that Ben was going to miss it that my body went into convulsions and I ripped the snorkel tube right out of Ben's mouth trying to get his attention. Ben thought for sure that there was a shark about to attack us, but no, the sea turtle was just swimming away.

We didn't get any pictures of the turtle or the shark because we took all our pictures the first two times we went out. We took the pictures of any fish we saw, not knowing that the cool fish were yet to come. So instead of iridescent fish and brightly stripped fish, we have pictures of fish like this:
Boring gray fish. But, whatever.

We didn't get eaten by a shark, I didn't drown Ben, and we got some fun pictures of each other. You can't ask for more.

No comments: