Monday, May 21, 2007

Hi! I'm 24

Yesterday was my birthday and surprisingly, it was a lot of fun. I expected my birthday would be kind of ho hum since it would be spent in a hospital, but it wasn't. I laughed so much yesterday!

Here are the highlights:

- My family called and sang me happy birthday in whale. We've done that ever since the movie Finding Nemo came out. I know. We're dorks.

- Ben and I took a field trip down the gift shop where he bought me a stuffed animal. This trip was filled with laughter and odd comments to people in the hall. At one point I was laughing so hard I ran Ben's wheelchair into the wall. Oops. He stopped laughing after that and kept moaning for morphine. :-(

- Naming the pig stuffed animal, Breakfast.

I know it doesn't sound like much but it was a good day. Today has been a rough day, what with the people at work freaking out and the tests and the waiting for test results. I swear Ben and I were both ready to kill today; me - co-workers who kept calling about a problem I solved before they even knew about. And Ben - lab techs who were not so gentle or observant and caused him pain. I think we should have the test results within the next hour....

No comments: