Monday, May 07, 2007

Musings after a tough day at work

My advice to people when they are leaving a company is to not give too early of a notice. Like 11 months. That's too early. That's the notice I gave my company. I didn't mean to, it just came out in conversation.

I love the company I work for. They have been so great to me during the past 3 years of working there.

They signed me up for health insurance before I started full-time.

They gave me a flexible schedule when I wasn't feeling well.

They let me stay in Kentucky until Ben got out of the hospital.

But it's hard to keep seeing all of my projects get reassigned to other people. 11 months is too long of a time to get phased out of a company. All of the projects I have been pushing for the last 2 years are finally coming to fruition and someone else gets to run with them. I know it's the logical thing for the company to do, but it's hard for me. Watching other people get promoted to positions I helped create is tough. Listening while other people get credit for my ideas stings.

I'm excited to try my hand at a new company and the job I have now is not the job I want 5 years from now, but 2 months would have been an easier length of time to get pushed out. 11 months is just depressing.

Live and learn.

Oh, and I found out today that I have a cavity. :-(

No comments: