Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Free Advice

You really shouldn't have any dental work, financial planning or medical procedures done by anyone who is getting married within 5 days of your visit. I guarantee you that they are not thinking about you, your teeth or you accumulation of wealth. They are constantly thinking, "OHMYGOSHIAMGETTINGMARRIEDTHISWEEK!" Just like that too.

Every time someone at work says, "Hey Andi, how's it going?" I have to resist the urge to say, "Fine. I am getting married this week!" Because after people have heard it 12 times, they KNOW.

I now understand why my investment account manager doesn't remember anything we talked about at our last meeting. She was getting married the next day. The most in-depth conversation we had was she asked me my opinion on whether or not they should use a credit card, traveller's checks or cash when travelling for their honeymoon. (My advice was a combination of all three.)

No comments: