Thursday, September 13, 2007

Maybe...

I've started looking for a job in Kentucky. Why didn't you people tell me that this kind of stuff was exhausting? I mean really, this isn't so much fun. Part of the problem is that the jobs I've applied for I'm not really excited about. I'm qualified for them, but they would put me much further into a career path I really don't want to take and I'm not sure stabbing my eyes out with a pen is a professional move. I would like a job that excites me and that I am passionate about. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there are any jobs out there for blogging urban planning event managers. But if you know of one... send it my way.

The other problem is that we found out how much we will have pay for Ben's surgeries. Now I feel like I HAVE to find a job before we move. This hospital seems to want to be paid... and I agree that they deserve to be paid... we just don't have that much money....

This isn't how I pictured our marriage starting. This summer was supposed to be the easy months. The coasting months. The time when we were both working and could save money and pay off some school loans. We'd move to Kentucky in the fall and get settled there. We knew things would be rough... but not until after school. Ministry would be tough. We knew that. We were ok with that but this took us by surprise.

And yet, it's ok. We'll be ok. Things will work out because God's going to provide some way. I wish He would provide in a large check made out to the hospital but it's more likely that He will provide in helping us pay our bills over the coming months and years. And maybe that's what we need. Maybe being financially free now isn't what's best for us. Maybe it'll keep us on our knees. Maybe it'll keep us humble. Maybe it'll help us treasure what really matters.

Maybe this really is just one big blessing....

No comments: