Friday, November 23, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's the day after Thanksgiving which means.... Christmas season has officially begun. Christmas music can be played. Gifts can be purchased. Decorations can go up! Snow can fall! It's Christmas!

I celebrated the beginning of the Christmas season like every good American and went shopping. I bought a coat for myself.

Tonight Ben and I went to the Grand Illumination downtown. I enjoy going downtown for events. I am always reminded of how much I love the city. The life, the people, the pain, the joy. It's a great place to be.
We got to see the ginger bread house display while we were there. If we were staying in the area I think I would try and get some friends to join.

When we were growing up my mom would host a gingerbread house competition at our house. We would use graham crackers instead of gingerbread and a special icing my mom would make. Everyone would bring some candy to decorate. At the end the parents would judge the houses and give out awards to everyone. The awards would be something like most creative or most life-like. It was a lot of fun. Although we never made anything as elaborate as the houses we saw tonight.

No comments: