Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sleeping or lack there of

People have asked me what the strangest part about being married is. It's definitely sharing a bed. I've never shared a bed before and apparently I'm not very good at it. Between me sleeping in the middle and Ben doing aerobatics every time he turns over, we haven't been getting very much sleep.

Surprisingly, this is pretty common. Here are some other people's stories:

"My husband used to like to put his hand on my leg while we slept. I couldn't stand it. I didn't want him to touch me while I was trying to sleep. Just let me sleep!........... You aren't supposed to be like that when you are first married....."

"Wait until one of you starts snoring. My wife snores. When I was a kid I used to think that parents who slept in separate beds were fighting. Now I know they were just trying to get some sleep!"

"My husband and I went through that too. We couldn't touch each other while we slept. Had to have our own side of the bed..... and that's for sure why we got married."

Ben and I are getting better. I don't think either one of us has had the urge to smother the other with the pillow in a while.....

No comments: